The Columbus, Mississippi Location has an immediate need for a Roll Grinder Operator in the Metal Department. This is a night shift position. This is a non-exempt hourly position.
- Set up and operate all roll grinders.
- Adjust machines and roll alignment.
- Translate instructions and prints into a finished quality roll product (rough to finish grind).
- Apply dubs and crowns to rolls in accordance with specification.
- Make minor machine repairs/adjustments when necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area.
- Knowledge of specifications within job functions.
- Checks and is responsible for quality of product through processing.
- Prepare time and production records as required.
- Perform electronic profiles and enter into Roll X.
- Perform electronic T.I.R.’s and enter into Roll X.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent, Mechanical aptitude.
- Having full range of physical movement and able to use equipment to lift and move considerable height.
- Capable of lifting 25 to 50 lbs.
- Ability to understand, follow instructions and learn the methods and practices used in the finishing department.
- Learn the use of all measuring instruments required to check and perform job functions.